LOST AND FOUND
This was the title of our Art Competition for Harrow Schools in 2006. When we plan another we will let you know.
Elmfield Art Competition for Harrow Schools 2006
A great opportunity for school communities to reach young people and children with the concepts of value and respect, through Art & Design with cross-curricular links in RE.
The Art Competition is now in its fifth year and is continuing to grow. Last year there were over 1400 entries from schools and colleges accross Harrow. The gallery at Nower Hill High School was very well attended, with over 600 people visiting throughout the day.
The Art Competition has become a well known and used opportunity in schools to communicate powerful concepts and challenges to young people and children in Harrow today. Feedback from last year showed that through their art, students were making bold statements about inclusion and equality in their community.
Our theme this year is 'Lost and Found' where students are invited to respond to the well-known stories of the Lost Sheep, Lost Coin and Lost Son.
The stories speak of God's love for his children and the immense value he puts on even the most 'insignificant' person. If this is true then how does it transfer and apply to us as a community? Do we value and respect one another? Do we seek to protect and value one another?
See below for details about the competition guidelines and timeline.
We look forward to your entries.
• The competition is open to any students in First, Middle, Special and High Schools (whether LEA or private schools) in the following age groups:
5-7 years, 8-12years, 13-16 years
• Pictures must be no larger than A4. This sizing includes mounting. Please do not submit entries in frames.
• Pictures may be produced in a variety of media. Imaginative use of materials is a key consideration during the selection process.
• Please mark every entry clearly with the name date of birth, year group and school of the pupil.
• Entries should arrive at 13 Farm Avenue, N. Harrow, HA2 7LP by Friday 20th October 2006.
Please do NOT deliver to Elmfield church.
• Elmfield regrets that it cannot accept any responsibility for loss, damage, or delay in receiving entries. Proof of postage will not be acceptable as proof of delivery.
• Elmfield retains the right to ownership of the entries after the competition.
• Elmfield reserves the right to reject entries deemed inappropriate at its discretion.
• Short-listed candidates will be notified in the week beginning Monday October 30th.
• Art Competition booklets received by schools.
• Copies will be sent to Head Teachers and Department Heads in Art & Design and RE.
• Book in introductory assemblies and visits, by calling 02088660813.
Friday 20th October
• Closing date for entries to be delivered to 13 Farm Avenue, North Harrow, HA2 7LP. Please do NOT deliver to Elmfield Church, due to the church’s building works.
(Week beginning) October 30th
• This year’s entries will be short-listed and entrants will be notified.
Saturday 18th November
• Nower Hill High School 3.00-5.00pm: Gallery open for work to be viewed.
• 5.00-6.00pm: Prize giving ceremony.
After the competition
Follow-up assemblies at participating schools
can be booked as soon as schools enter the
competition. Visits will be made up to January
2007 to present certificates and return entries.
Top of page